We were working in the lab, late one night... then we made Monster Smash! This expansion for Smash Up brings you four new creepy decks to scare your opponents to death! Or at least beat them to 15 points.
Vampires drain power from their victims. Mad Scientists contruct bizarre creations of great strength. Werewolves go berserk with power. Giant Ants swarm their victims. It's enough to make you run out of the theater in terror!
Smash Up: Monster Smash comes with four new decks that use +1 power tokens in their ways, and will add all new strategies to your other Smash Up factions!
- - Monster Smash box description
Combined with all previous sets, there are 25 factions and 50 bases, which make 300 possible pairs of factions.
This set introduces an alternate use of the VP tokens as +1 Power Counters.
Previous set: The Big Geeky Box
Next set: Pretty Pretty Smash Up
- White 1 surrounded by electricity / blue background
- Green 5 surrounded by electricity / yellow background
- Main article: Rules
The rulebook for this set can be found here.
This set introduced the following changes to the rules:
This set also introduced the following clarifications:
- In the section "2. Play Cards" the rules used to say to discard actions after playing them unless they had an Ongoing ability. This rulebook changed that to include Talent abilities too. Really, the rules should have said "unless the action is played on a minion or a base".
- Added the definition of "To" in the form "Do this thing to do that thing."
- "Monster Smash" is a reference to the 1962 song Monster Mash.
- Despite what the box description says, only three out of the four factions use the +1 power counters.
In other languages Edit
|Language||Name||Translation (if different)|
|French||Monstres Sacrés||Sacred Monsters|
|Italian||Arrivano i Mostri||Here Comes the Monsters|
|Spanish||Choque de Monstruos||Clash of Monsters|