The World Tour continues!
In order to see every continent on our world tour, we just had to include five factions! One entire free faction of fun for the price of four!
Culture Shock takes us through the folk and fairy tales of: Russia, where minions are frequently transformed; West Africa, where sharing stories and cards is valued; and Germany, where uniting characters from the same tale gives multiple benefits. We also look at the incredible histories of: the Inca Empire, known for its roads and monumental architecture; and Polynesians, who spread out on as many islands as possible. Did we get all the details of these rich cultures right? Heck no, we make silly card games. Don’t tell anyone on Twitter.
- - World Tour: Culture Shock box description
World Tour: Culture Shock is the 17th Smash Up set (The Smash Up Penguins released before that is a promotional set and isn't considered by AEG as a regular set.) It contains 5 new factions, 11 new bases, a rulebook, and VP tokens.
Combined with all previous sets, there are 74 factions and 149 bases, which make 2701 possible pairs of factions.
Previous set: Smash Up Penguins (Promotional set)
Previous regular set: World Tour: International Incident
Next set: (Not yet announced)
AEG's website named this set World Tour Part 2.
- Anansi’s Web
- Giant Turnip
- Gingerbread House
- Island Chain
- Island Peak
- Machu Picchu
- Storyteller’s Hut
- Transformation Spring
- Tropical Paradise
- Woodland Cottage
- White 1 surrounded by red and white roses / blue background
- Green 5 caught in a spider's web / yellow background
- Main article: Rules
The rulebook for this set can be found here.
This set made a few modifications to the rules relative to the previous rulebook in World Tour: International Incident:
- Changed the Mulligan rule so you shuffle your old hand into your deck rather than discarding it.
- Changed the definition of "standard" to include all actions that don't stay in play when played, therefore excluding actions that are buried when played.
- "During your turn" no longer means during your Play Cards phase.
- Added "play off the top of a deck" keyword.
- If you have to reveal cards from your deck until you reveal a particular card, you stop revealing if your deck runs out. You do not shuffle your discard pile into a new deck and continue revealing from there until find the particular card.
- This set, World Tour: International Incident and Smash Up Penguins (or World Tour Event Kit before it was cancelled) have an "around the world" theme, with each set covering certain regions of the world.
- This set covers West Africa with the Anansi Tales, Western South America with the Ancient Incas, Germany with the Grimms’ Fairy Tales, Polynesia with the Polynesian Voyagers, and Russia with the Russian Fairy Tales.
- This is the second set to have five factions. The previous one was It’s Your Fault!.
- While the fifth faction (Tornados) was a total surprise for It’s Your Fault!, this one clearly announces it.
- Unlike every other sets, this is the first set to have an odd number of bases. This is because the Polynesian Voyagers have three associated bases instead of two.
In other languages Edit